Hello, world! I'm Heather Martin a DC-based portrait photographer who loves taking pictures of families, kiddos & powerful yogis & dancers.
I'm a wife, mother, sister, Jersey Girl, and die-hard NY Giants fan. Follow me on Instagram @heathermartinphotography to keep up with my latest adventures!
Meanwhile, let’s get to know each other! I love a good list, so let’s dive into it…
- I love Champagne. And Prosecco. And sparkling water. Basically, if it has bubbles in it, I’m in.
- I also love queso & margaritas. Fortunately, I married someone from Texas who excels at making both things, because…
- I don’t really cook. I can, but I don’t love it & would rather not.
- I’m a Jersey Girl through and through. I love summers down the Shore (“down the Shore” = “the beach” for those not from NJ).
- My parents used to take us to antique shows as kids and I hated it. Now I love vintage jewelry and old furniture. Fortunately, I appreciate a good dose of irony in life.
- I love the indulgence of going to mid-day movies by myself in an empty movie theatre. Bonus points if the weather is gloomy.
- I danced from about the age of 5 until about the age of 25. Now my dancing is limited to dance parties in the kitchen with my kiddo—and taking photos of dancers, of course!
- I am obsessed with school supplies. I get positively giddy at back to school time! Imagine my disappointment when I learned that pre-schoolers don’t really need binders, colored tabs, or lots of notebooks!
- Naps during a summer thunderstorm are one of life’s best guilty pleasures.
- I love to travel and am constantly dreaming of my next trip to Paris!
Portraiture, Events photography based in Washington, DC.